Manifesto of Key National Policies
Leaving the EU to ensure the UK’s freedom to trade with the world without having to report to the EU or being ruled by the EU is our number one objective, hence our title…“Independence from Europe”.
We are a Political Party with traditional Commonsense
“Personal freedom with personal responsibility” is basic to our understanding of how UK law should operate. Our ideology is based on the priorities of fairness, equal opportunity and democracy at all levels.
When elected “Independence from Europe” will leave the EU immediately, whilst retaining normal friendships and trading relations. The United Kingdom must be a free and Independent Nation trading with the World on our own terms. Ensuring our inventions, developments and ingenuity are not put to the sword by the EU or by any other foreign regulator.
We will withdraw the UK from foreign rule including the EU Human Rights Act. Our own Parliament must make UK law.
We will immediately seek to restore the Primacy of English Common Law across England and Wales while leaving Scotland to enjoy the legal system it has adopted since the 1707 Act of Union.
Independence from Europe will seek legislation based on the following policies and goals in order to achieve the support by a majority of the British electorate.
NOTE: Transport .. a full and detailed Transport Policy is available Here
- A National Health Service free at the point of delivery and providing equal treatments for all British Citizens.
- Medical claims legislation to be reformed on fair principles.
- Private medical insurance to be a requirement for all Non-British citizens visiting the UK.
- NHS procurement to be reviewed to ensure maximum buying power. (3 + 4 will save circa £22bn per year)
- Create healthy competition between Health Regions and learn from those bringing success.
- Prescription charges for British Citizens and hospital parking fees for visitors to be abolished throughout the UK.
- Training for British Citizens to become doctors and nurses. Apprenticeships for nurses on hospital wards. Doctors and Nurses to pass English Language test
- NO cuts in NHS frontline health services, substantially reduce NHS waste and bureaucracy.
- Restore free dental checkups/treatments and eye tests.
- Qualified Doctors to run hospitals. Reduce numbers of managers. Matrons to control the wards. Regain those lost standards of care.
- We will invest a further £5bn to create 40,000 more nurses and 10,000 more doctors from our cost savings.
The Economy & Taxation
- Limit government borrowing each year to a much lower percentage of total expenditure.
- Raise Personal Tax Allowance level to £15,000 and reduce income tax on minimal wages.
- Improve Pensions for the elderly
- We need to support the traditional village public house as part of the fabric of our society.
- Establish a Road Fund Tax system for foreign Lorries. "A single Toll charge" description!
- Cut Council Tax by abolishing EU Landfill Tax which costs £3 million per council on average and promotes fly tipping.
- Clear UK debt by leaving the EU: If we had left the EU in 2010 the saving would have been £112 billion per year rising to £356bn by 2018.
- Reduce or stop zero hour contracts.
- British jobs offered first to British workers. Reducing youth unemployment and long term benefits. Unlimited EU migration lowers the wages. The minimum wage has wrongly become the norm.
- Encourage Trade with the Commonwealth Free Trade Area where CBI estimates there is $1.8 trillion of trade and $100 billion of foreign investment available to the UK annually, once we are free of the EU tariffs and restrictions.
- Economic policies encompassing free trade with all nations and re-establishing traditional links with the Commonwealth.
- Greater support for manufacturing industries and for start-up enterprises with demonstrable potential
- Simplification of Corporate and Personal Taxation. Positive help with business regulations, and welfare payments. Removal of incentives not to work:
- Fair taxation system reduces tax evasion. Collect £119.4bn from Corporations avoiding UK tax and from tax evasion.
- The debt burden on taxpayers has risen by many billions in recent years. We need to rein in tax and spend. Mortgaging the future is not the solution.
- PFI schemes have been a major burden on the public purse and particularly on hospital finances and need to be brought into public ownership.
- Policies must make financial sense as we slash red tape & diminish needless bureaucratic interference in our lives.
Crime & Justice
- Courts to sentence violent criminals to strict punishment and training courses. Life sentences to mean life.
- Extend Community Watch Patrols in every and stop anti-social individuals from terrorising neighbourhoods.
- Zero-tolerance of crime will be our policy. The pendulum must swing back in favour of law.
- Re -balance the law to protect those residents who defend their properties and homes.
- Drug addicts and mentally unstable prisoners to be taken out of the prison system and rehabilitated accordingly.
- Foreign Criminals repatriated or deported.
- Invest £2.5bn to put extra 10,000 Police Officers back on the streets.
Defence and Security
- Limit the number of British troops sent to wars.
- Encourage the UN to take more responsibility.
- Increase umbers of personnel within the arm forces to 200,000
2,674,000 immigrants entered the UK between 2004-2013
- Independence From Europe would implement full border controls with an 'Australian style' visa system, based on national needs. This is about SPACE and NOT RACE.
- It is not sensible to build approximately 200 houses per day until 2020 to accommodate the increasing migrant work force as it will devastate our countryside and infrastructure.
- If the Lib/Lab/Con stay in power, we will still be tied into the EU parliament and our population is forecast to increase to 78 million
- Increasing to 10 years (from the current 3 or 5) the minimum time that immigrants must live in the UK before getting UK Citizenship.
- All foreign visitors must carry Identification
- Where UK work permits are not renewed the former permit holder must leave the UK.
Welfare & Social Security
- Limit the total amount that an able-bodied claimant with no children can receive in tax credits and social security, including housing benefit, to 80% of the after tax minimum wage (currently to £157.67 per week).
- We will protect the right to buy, for all Council Tenants and seek to extend it to Housing Association properties. Our goal is to encourage pride of ownership for all.
- Provide the finest care and assistance to those, who through illness, infirmity or misfortune are unable to fend for themselves. Enable and assist older people to maintain independence in their own homes.
- Only Citizens of the UK should be entitled to the country's social Benefits and services.
- A community based work program for all unemployed claiming benefits, based on ability.
- Child benefit restricted to 2 children, no benefits to be paid to children who live abroad or to people earning over £50,000.00 combined wages.
- A UK card system for NHS, Driving License and benefits containing fingerprint and retina technology. A tool in the fight against terrorism.
Education & Youth Development
- Our policy is to give the schools control of their budgets and end interference by social engineers.
- Education - the hallmark of a civilised society is to ensure the attainment of basic skills and standards at all levels of development. Teaching requirements together with school and class sizes should be adjusted accordingly.
- Apprenticeships should be restored as an important component of our educational spectrum. These and degree course should be grant-aided for those aged 18+ throughout the UK.
- University students should not incur education fees which economically blight their futures. Education must be free.
- Make provision for parents to take their children on holiday for 10 days per year during none exam term time. Personal contract between the child and school to catch up.
- Full university tuition fees would be paid by foreign citizens, when they carry out their education in British schools and universities..
- Insist that the schools teach "the 3 R's" to increase school standards.
- Re-instate the student grants and educational maintenance allowance.
- Protect Rural Schools.
- Scrap useless paper work and trust teachers to do their jobs under the authority of a Head Teacher with management power. Reduce local education authority bureaucracy.
Energy & Environment
- Stop wind turbine subsidies and allow local planning to stop their construction if it is the view of the local public.
- We will fill a UK energy needs gap left by years of neglect from different governments.
- Form a Public British Energy Company to compete in the energy market and maintain fair prices.
- Coal under the ground in the UK is capable of supplying energy needs for more than 100 years. We will encourage "Clean burn coal technology" and plan Electricity generation on mining sites to avoid transport costs. Germany has just built 8 new coal powered stations for the same purpose.
- Nuclear fusion is also the way forward.
- Rivers to be dredged properly where needed in order to reduce flood risk and the sludge to be exempt from landfill tax.
- Sea defences to be enhanced.
- Reclaim British Fishing Waters from the EU, abandon EU Fishing Quotas and 'discards'. Create movable 'no fishing zones' to protect stocks; reclaiming £2.5 billion UK fish sales a year.
- Development of affordable housing schemes on brown field sites.
- Currently The UK sends foreign aid to countries with their own space and nuclear programs; they obviously do not require this funding.
- Use these finances to support our elderly in our own country.
- British embassies to be used for British interests. (not EU)
Constitutional Issues & Governing
- Put the power back into the hands of the people and support their choices by referendums at local and national level by legally binding majority decisions.
- Referendums to be held on a particular issue if there is a petition with signatures from 5% of the electorate.
- Reduce the number of MPs by a third (from 650 to 430).
- "Regional days" for the National parliament.. MPs to break to their "Assemblies" in Scotland, Northern Ireland and in Wales if the Welsh wish to retain their assembly (vote required) This will leave Westminster for the "English Parliament" on those Regional Days (plus the Welsh should they reject their Assembly)
- The above policy will see an end to Assembly members and give MPs the job in their Regional Assemblies. This saves a whole layer of politicians and their costs.
- MPs to be free to vote in line with their best judgment and not to be sanctioned for disobeying party whips.
- MPs, ministers and their political staff to be paid according to civil service pay scales. Their expenses to be in line with established civil service guidelines..
- Establish an Independent Politicians Complaints Commission, modelled on the Independent Police Complaints Commission, with its Board appointed by a panel of designated NGOs, to investigate accusations relating to national and local politicians. Judgments based on the Nolan Principles which apply to all public bodies.
- Hayden Phillips Report recommendations on capping donations to political parties which receive government funding should be enforced.
- Members of Select Committees, holding the executive to account, should be elected by all MPs and not appointed by party whips.
- Scrap MP's second home allowances. Build a condominium to house MP's whilst they reside in London. MP's to be responsible for their own living expenses in their own constituency.
- Counties across the UK to adopt single Unitary Authority status saving money and improving services and losing excess managers and councils.
- Remove the house of Lords and create a second elected chamber.
Farming Live Stock Importing and Exporting
- Ban transportation of animals abroad for slaughter.
- British labelling of all meat and products. All foreign meat and products to be labelled at source and not the point of processing.
- Stop the slaughter of animals without stunning. All Hallal meat to be labelled.